Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others
In this regard MDH now invites applications from suitable, qualified and skilled persons to fill the following available vacancies.
Position: Project Accountant – 1 post
Project: Data for Health (D4H)
Location: Dar es Salaam
Reports to: Finance Manager
The Project Accountant is responsible for handling accounting and clerical duties including but not limited to processing timely of monthly Bank reconciliation statements, payment transactions, receiving cash income, preparing financial and procurement documentation, review of advance transactions, filing of accounting documentation. Preparation of Local Purchase Order for both local and foreign vendors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process duly approved disbursements of both cash and banking adherence to policy and procedures.
- Ensure that all payment requisitions are completed with all the necessary support documentation such as pro-forma invoices/bids, local purchase order, selection minutes, delivery notes, tax invoices, etc. before making payment. Also, ensuring that all payments are properly coded and cancelled by PAID stamp.
- Recording and posting of approved financial transactions into the accounting system
- Make and processing advance payments including but not limited to travel advances, sub-contractors/grantee advances, etc.
- Ensure office costs are identified and correctly apportioned and charged to the respective projects/donors and other costs centres.
- Perform day to day banking activities and Report and highlight items of attentions to the management.
- Maintain accounting records and file them in an appropriate manner.
- Assist in budgeting preparation process for the program and assist out in preparation of monthly and quarterly expenditure reports.
- Accurate, timely and efficient preparation of payroll as approved, ensuring compliance with internal guidance and laid down policies & procedures.
- Prepare monthly statutory returns e.g. PAYE and Statutory contributions in a timely and accurate manner and to ensure all filing are appropriately done.
- Prepare and follow up tax exemption processes with TRA for the organization.
- Ensure adherence to accounting and financial standards as per IFRS, IPSASs, donor requirements and Tanzania legislation, with comprehensive internal policies and procedures.
- Perform any other task as assigned by Finance and Administration Manager.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Holders of bachelor of commerce or advance diploma in accounting from a recognized institution.
- CPA or ACCA qualifications (as an added advantage).
- At least 3-years’ experience in accounting job.
- Knowledge and experience on accounts payable, receivable, cash, bank, and maintaining general ledger.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing financial and accounting information.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning financial and employees/vendors files.
- Practical knowledge and skills in Payroll preparations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, bookkeeping skills, attention to details.
- Skills in running any accounting software and the general computer literacy.
- Ability to manage time and observing deadlines.
- Honest and trustworthy, respectful and depict sound work ethics.
- Strong Communication skills both English and Kiswahili (oral and written).
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Well-developed computer user skills.
Interested candidates should submit an application letter indicating clearly the position applied for, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees.
Applications should be submitted by 19th April 2021, to the Director of Human Resource through e-mail . Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please note MDH don’t have any recruitment agents and don’t charge any fees to the interested candidates