Project Sales Coordinator
Maruma & AssociatesTanzania
Director, Global Markets, Corporate & Investment Banking at Absa Bank Tanzania Limited
Location: Moshi, Tanzania.
Industry:Agriculture & Community Development
Start Date: May 2021
Contact Name: Esther C. Maruma
Contact Email: [email protected]
Date Added: 8th April, 2021
Closure Date: 10th April, 2021 (Time: 12:00hrs; East Africa Time)
Located in Moshi, Maua Mazuri sells disease-free and high yielding seedlings which are produced in our state-of-the-art plant tissue culture laboratory. We are an international start-up company of highly talented scientists, agriculturalists and business professionals who are united by a goal of providing African farmers with the best seeds. Maua Mazuri is seeking a candidate as a Sales Coordinator to work closely with our Chief Marketing Officer on a special project.
Project Sales Coordinator Job Description:
Maua Mazuri is engaging in a multi-year project to make tissue culture seedlings more available for smallholder farmers in Tanzania, which upon success, will be integrated into our company’s long term sales strategy. Maua Mazuri is leading the project, with financing from an NGO. We are partnering with three other farmer outgrowing companies. We are thus seeking an experienced sales coordinator (further: PSC) to manage the project. This will entail serving as the liaison between the NGO financing the project, the partner agricultural companies and their farmer out grower networks. Ensuring the project is on budget, being properly measured and hitting targets are key for the successful performance in this position. Bringing an enthusiasm for agricultural innovation and a collaborative spirit are essential.
The PSC will conduct field visit to farmers and partners as needed and report regularly on the market progress and realized sales result. Travel to Iringa, Mbeya, Kagera and throughout Kilimanjaro will be necessary. The PSC will work in close cooperation with the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) and CFO and report to Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Responsibilities for Project Sales Coordinator
- Realize annual sales targets through acquisition of new clients and maintenance and growth at existing clients
- Prepare sales budgets with the CEO, Finance Officer and NGO
- Establish regular communication and engagement with partners NGO, government and private company
- Organize data on sales records and report month-end goal setting to the senior management and project stakeholders, input all data into company CRM system
- Coordinate orders with the production department to ensure smooth logistics of sales
- Develop, test and adjust, together with CMO, an innovative marketing and sales strategy to boost the sales of banana TC seedlings to smallholder farmers and out-growers.
- Contribute to the creation of communication materials provided to the farmer out-growers
- Collaborate with external sales channels in weekly meetings by creating and maintaining month-end sales reports
- Develop commission based incentive schemes for external sales channels, in close cooperation with CFO, and manage their implementation across a broad group of agricultural retailers, such as nurseries and sales agents
Required qualifications & skills
- The ideal candidate for sales coordinator position has:
- A degree in marketing, communication or agribusiness economics
- Minimum 5 years working experience in a marketing & sales position, preferably within an agricultural business or agriculture related NGO
- Is eager to realize challenging targets and ambitious to exceed these
- Coordinates and communicates well with all levels of contacts; within the company, with key stakeholders and with farmer out-growers
- Is a team player
- The ability to write proper reports for NGO donors
- Has an open mind and is eager to continuously learn and improve his/her professional skills;
- A self-starter who can be entrusted to work remotely
- Is accurate in follow up on leads and conclusion of contracts is good in time management;
- Is excellent in English and fluent in Swahili, in written and in verbal form, and has good communication and presentation skills
- Is good in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Is sharp and ready to work under pressure and always “ready to go for the extra mile”.
- A positive attitude and eagerness to make a positive impact in Tanzanian agriculture
Maruma & Associates (M&A), consulting firm is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. Should you feel your fit for the role, Please share your updated CV, most recent references, a cover letter describing your eligibility and copies of relevant qualifications to