North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit a Survey Assistant to join MRM Team. The successful candidate will be responsible assisting and delivering all survey requirements to underground and surface mining operations where required, assisting production survey plans are updated and executed according to short and medium-term production planning requests to achieve the mine’s short-term targets with zero injury within the guidelines of Company Standard Operating Procedures and Best Practice as well as other assigned tasks within the range of competencies. This is a permanent role reporting to the First Line Leader – Survey.
- Ensure the works are performed in accordance with approved Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Supervising and coaching of Survey Technicians.
- Participate-in and provide a strong contribution to the site safety and environment culture.
- Assisting Mine Surveyor and technician in site setting out surveys of all engineering, geotechnical and geological designs and structures.
- Assisting Bathymetric survey of Tailing Storage Facility and other water bodies within the mine.
- Assist Mine Surveyor(s), Survey Technician(s) to update water level, disturbed land and topsoil stockpile for weekly and monthly reporting to Environmental Department.
- Assist Survey Technicians as required in their day to day duties.
- Making sure all section Light vehicles, Survey equipment and equipment store are kept clean.
- Adhere to and improve procedures and practices for survey data collection.
- Assist survey data compilation into correct formats and grid reference systems.
- Assist to survey as-built surveys for all excavations and infrastructure.
- Form IV or VI with basic knowledge of surveying principles.
- Basic certificate in Geomatics or related field will be added advantage.
- At least 2 years of working experience in relevant position and mining environment (Working experience in open pit and underground mines will add an advantage).
- Excellent safety record.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Basic knowledge of surveying principles.
- Familiarity with modern surveying equipment.
- Basic computer knowledge on Microsoft Office and any mining software.
- Possession of current and valid Tanzania driving license.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s (indicating the role title in the subject) via e-mail to:
If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 14th April, 2021.